Sunday, October 18, 2009

Week 7 Quiz












































ACT 1
1. Paltry
2. superfluous
3. stoutly
4. tedius
5. faceious


ACT 2
1. Impudent
2. brazen
3. dissembler
4. hypocrisy
5. inoculation

ACT 3
1. Impudent
2. Confounded
3. Brazen
4. Stammering
5. Sullen

ACT 4
1. Laurels
2. Rogue
3. Coxcomb
4. Hasphicholls
5. Izzard

ACT 5
1. Mortifying
2. Cursedly
3. Gibbet
4. Confoundedly
5. Rebuke

Hardcastle: Your Song - Elton John
Mrs. Hardcastle: I'm a Bitch, I'm a Lover - Meredith Brooks/Alanis Morissette?
Kate Hardcastle: Love Story - Taylor Swift
Tony Lumpkin: Lying Eyes - The Eagles
Constance Neville: Secret Lovers - Atlantic Starr



QUESTIONS:
1. This kind of activity is mostly hands on. Despite a few directions, we're basically free to do whatever we want. It helps us to interpret the play in our own way and show that to you.

2. This activity challenged me because I'm not very creative lately. Picking songs was difficult at first, but easy once I got going. It's hard to KNOW the characters just by reading the play, we really need to see it in order to understand it and pick songs that best represent the characters.

3. The audience in 1773 differs greatly from who the audience is today. Because of this, we must adapt this play to the newer audience. This means maybe changing clothing, definitely changing wording, and changing songs as well as some aspects to the play.

____________________________________________________________________

PODCAST ACTIVITY:


1. What kind of activity is this? This activity not only brought me out of my comfort zone.. it TORE me out of my comfort zone. But I feel better having done it. Just as the "She Stoops to Conquer" activity involves much creativity, so does this one. We were told to make a video of only 5 pictures, which at the time was difficult enough, and now we need to add dialogue in our own voices!

2. How does it challenge you? This activity challenged me because I absolutely HATE hearing my voice or seeing my face on a screen! I felt better about it because I did not have to show my face, but I believe I listened to my voice at least a million times before I came up with my final podcast. As a teacher, it is our job to push kids out of their comfort zones, I think this activity did exactly that.

3. What background knowledge are you using to complete this activity? The best part about this activity is that there is no background knowledge needed. On paper, this activity is really easy, the problem is breaking out of your comfort zone to complete it. Before you can expect a student to do public speaking, they should probably complete something like this to help open themselves up to the idea behind public speaking. By doing this activity, they will be much more secure with the way they look and sound to the class and probably be much more willing to take part in public speaking.



BLACKBOARD ACTIVITY:
















1. What kind of activity is this?
Once again, like the rest, this activity is a hands-on, creative activity. Not only do we need to understand the information, but we also need to be able to express this information in a creative way that grasps the readers attention and allows them to retain the information.

2. How does it challenge you?
This activity was not as challenging as the podcast activity, but it still challenged me when it came to coming up with a creative object to portray these disabilities. I found this to be the least challenging of all the activities.

3. What background knowledge are you using to complete this activity?
In order to complete this activity, you need to have enough background knowledge about the disabilities you have picked in order to distinguish 5 important pieces of information to include about the disabilities. However, when in doubt, it helps to look at the book and on the internet for certain websites that may help.

4. How much do you love this Blackboard compared to the other Blackboard?
SO MUCH EASIER! I'm a hands on person myself. If I can't touch it, I don't understand it. It's that simple.

3 comments:

  1. I love your picture of you & your kitty cat.

    Also, nice job with this. You are right! I didn't give much direction, and I knew that it would be challenging. Our creative juices tend to get stifled in college. I understand this because I'm a student too.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've come to learn that as a student, creativity never ends although it gets much more challenging as time progresses. In my learn and serve class, these kids are CRAZY creative! Sometimes I can't even believe the things that come out of their mouths. I somehow have to get myself back into that mindset ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kel was in my group for this assignment and she worked very well! Good job Kel!

    ReplyDelete